40 Moms. 40 Messages. 1 Happy LGBTQ Holiday

Moms are often the true catalyst to making the world a better place. This holiday season, it’s going viral thanks to a group of individuals on a mission to improve the lives of all LGBTQ children. YourHolidayMom.com is a blog offering written, audio and video messages of encouragement during the holiday season. In its second season, more than moms are writing letters. Dads, sisters, brothers, aunts, uncles, grandparents and friends are all writing to show their love and support.

Founder Robin Rice of Be Who You Are Productions, Inc. knew there was a need. “Thirty years ago, I lost my little brother to suicide because he feared he was gay and simply could not live in a world that would not support him if this were true. Today, I still feel that hole in my heart, and so I do whatever I can to support LGBTQ youth,” says Robin Rice, creator of the blog. “I started by gifting Christmas Stockings to LGBTQ shelters as a way to say I care, and then last year, I put out an audio recording called Your Holiday Mom. I knew we needed something more than just one voice, so last year I asked for 40 moms to open their hearts. Supportive moms from all walks of life are out there and this is a story most don’t hear. It was so popular, we had 35,000 interactions in 40 days. Now, we want to extend this to dads and other family and friends, so that everyone can share their love and support.”

For more information, check out the blog’s press release, and if you’re interested in becoming a holiday family member or friend to LGBTQ youth, check out the submission guidelines!