Social Entrepreneurship in Prague!

Image

What is fun? For me, studying social entrepreneurship abroad is toward the tippity top of the list. And luckily, I did just this.

This past summer I spent two weeks in an intensive course studying social entrepreneurship. I studied abroad in Prague, Czech Republic through a program called the Global Leadership Exchange. In this course, students create “blueprints for social change” around their own ideas. It is like a mini business incubator.

Taking this class really forwarded my career in social entrepreneurship. I worked on an idea of mine called Launchange. The idea evolved tremendously and I am surprised by the amount of progress that was made in just a couple weeks.

The organization of the Launchange site is more clear, the target market shifted, and the business model is more thought-through. Thanks to Liam Green, another Tulane student on the program, and his commitment to join the Launchange cause, we were able to make some serious strides.

I would recommend anyone interested in changing the world or studying abroad to participate in this program. It is a great complement to the Introduction to Social Entrepreneurship course that Tulane offers, especially if you have an idea for a social venture. It takes the theories and concepts you learn in the intro class, and puts them to action. The class is intensive, but it’s a fun ride.